Thursday, July 10, 2014

Facebooking

I never heard anything for that weekend; we still had no clue when the training and opening would be.   

Theresa had some girls set up a Facebook Group which helped because that way she could put posts up on what was going on and people could comment.   Some girls requested everyone as their friend which was so weird for me because I didn’t know them yet but I just accepted everyone, why not?

Girls would post and be overly energetic, constantly saying things like, “I can’t wait to meet everyone!!!!, I’m so excited!!!!, This is going to be so amazing!!!!  I think all of the overzealous posts were due to the fact that Theresa said she wouldn’t be keeping us all at the orientation.  She even said that the more energetic we were the better so I think a lot of these girls posted just so they came across as being more worthy of keeping because they were so enthusiastic.

Theresa kept mentioning on how she wanted everyone to be friends and hang out with each other.  That seemed a little odd, I understand the importance of friendship and camaraderie at work but work is not the same as a sorority or a club.  People are busy, pretty much everyone there was in school and I’m sure had boyfriends and other friends.   Probably everyone would hang out more once the restaurant opened but until then it seemed a little forced.

There was one hangout at the park planned posted on the wall and some girls were talking about it.  I really didn’t have time to go because I had classes.  A lot of girls posted that that they couldn’t go because they had school or work but really wanted to go and was so excited to meet everyone!  I had sort of the feeling that the more events you would do the more likely you’d be a favorite.  She also had planned a day where we’d go downtown and pass out Tilted Kilt flyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment