Monday, July 14, 2014

Superbowl Party

The dates kept getting pushed back and back for opening day.  At one point we even heard that it would be opening on the Super Bowl which sounded pretty absurd because that day at any sports pub is crazy busy enough.  The restaurant had finally finished construction but now the issue was they didn’t have their liquor license.

For a sports bar it was entirely puzzling and pretty ridiculous how they didn’t have their liquor license all sorted out from the beginning.  Some restaurants could open without it and get it eventually like a café but there is no way that a place where their slogan is “A cold beer never looked so good" could open without it; not an option.

On the Facebook page they mentioned that there would be a Super Bowl party and it was advised to go to meet the other girls.  We weren’t allowed to bring friends but food and drinks would be served. I thought that really sucked but I could understood they wanted it to be more of a meet and greet and since there was free alcohol they didn’t want it to get out of hands with us bringing all of our friends.   I knew of some other Super Bowl parties so I almost didn’t go but I decided to because I always had a feeling that you were in Theresa’s good favor if you attended activities.  She always made a point about mentioning getting involved and she said she noticed things like that who went to activities.  It was like you were on constant guard to always impress her. 

When I got there I noticed there were more guys than girls.  I guess there were some kitchen staff and friends of the managers.  At first it was kind of awkward because I didn’t know anyone and I almost wanted to leave. I knew that would be stupid because the whole point was to make an impression on the managers.  I sat down next to some girls on the long bar table.   I met the other manager Vivian who was kind of a rocker chick in her 30s with two kids.  She seemed waay younger and extremely cool and down to earth.  I guess she originally got hired as a kilt girl but was promoted to manager because she had a lot of experience.  I thought they’d have more activities to get to know everyone but I guess since it was the Super Bowl they didn’t want to disturb the game. 

There were girls trying out the uniform and taking pictures.  I felt almost uncomfortable doing this because I wasn’t prepared for it, like I hadn’t tanned and gotten ‘camera ready’.  I feel you kind of need to tan for that outfit because it’s so revealing.    I just started talking to people and met a lot of cool and fun girls there.  There was Desiree who looked like she had some sort of lip injections.  She was very nice but on first impressions I’d say she looked kind of plastic, like I could see her on one of those Real Housewives shows in 15 years.  She had another job at a tanning salon and was looking for a second job.  There was Leanne who had just turned 18.  She was extremely energetic and kept saying she was just sooo excited to be there!!  I met Shelia who was a college athlete that had recently graduated.  She wasn’t conventionally pretty and a little on the bigger side.  She didn’t seem the type to work at the Tilted Kilt because she wasn’t girly or bubbly at all but she was so cool and laid back. There was Leah, a no nonsense blond beach chick.  She said she had been riding her bike and was waived over by Theresa who told her that she should come work for the Tilted Kilt.  I also met Tara and Lindsey who were roommates and besties.  I could tell already I’d really like them because they were really articulate and fun.

I finally decided to don the outfit because it would look dumb if everyone else took some pics and I just sat there drinking.  It was kind of fun walking around in costume.  Theresa took pictures of all of us and then of each of us individually.    I began to get the feeling that half of this job will be serving food and the other half constantly taking pictures. 


I was excited for the restaurant to finally open because it seems like such a fun place to work at and basically you’d have this big group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment